1. Pick the grapes. Get a large basket, wear long sleaves and a hat, bring clippers, and fill up the basket with grape bunches. Keep in mind that one kilogram of grapes will yield about 750ml of juice.
2. Wash and de-stem the grapes. Put grapes in a basin filled with water. Then rinse the individual grapes, picking them away from the stem, collecting the grapes in a large bowl, and discarding the green unripe and old shriveled grapes.
3. Crush the grapes. With a grape crusher (electrical or mechanical), crush the grapes so the juice begins to flow. If you have picked a lot of grapes, you may need to work in small of 2 or 3 kg at a time. Cooking the crushed grape is not necessary as heat may damage some natural nutrient and enzymes in the juice.
4. Pressing the Juice. The ORTHOMOLECULAR MEGA PRES is ideal, Easy and simple to operate: Turning the handle screw clockwise lowers the press plate to crushed grape, building pressure to squeeze out the juice. Anti-clockwise turning releases pressure to dismantle and clean.
Loosen the winged screw by hand a few turns by twisting and lift handle-screw –cross-beam to remove the pressing plate. Position the basket and place a muslin straining bag (supplied) inside and fill the press cage with crushed grape fruit. Twist the bag to close and place the pressing plate on top. Replace the handle-screw–cross-beam to fit frame poles. Twist to adjust for piston height and tighten the winged nuts. Wind the screw down and juice will flow through the perforated cage into the juice collection tray and out to your container.
PLEASE NOTE HARD FRUITS SUCH AS APPLES, CARROTS BEET ROOTS AND MORE, REQUIRE CHOPING OR PULPING FIRST (A CRUSHER IS IDEAL).
5. Finishing. Dismantle the press and discard the dry fruit cake form the muslin sieve bag and rinse the press. Pour or ladle juice into containers. Enjoy your juice.